From time to time, we receive Out Of Memory exceptions. I suspect that these exceptions are caused by MagicDraw memory leaks. How would you suggest solving this problem?
While performing small ordinary tasks (not individual large operations, such as opening a large project or merging several large projects), modeling tool memory leaks may cause OutOfMemory exception errors. This is due to the cumulative effect of performing many small operations that normally do not cause any problems.
In order to analyze and fix the issue, more information is required. Please provide us with the following information:
- Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, what are the steps to reproduce it?
- If it is possible to reproduce it, send us the project file. We guarantee confidentiality, and shall sign a Non-disclosure Agreement at your request.
- Send us the memory dump file. It may help to detect the problem.
To create a memory dump file, please do the following:
- In the properties* file, append JAVA_ARGS parameters as follows:
- Start your modeling tool.
The dump file will be created in the provided location – d:\\snapshots (please make sure that this location is available), if an OutOfMemory exception occurs. As the file may be large, please zip the created file, and upload it to the provided ftp server.
- For MagicDraw, the properties file is magcdraw.properties (mduml.properties for MagicDraw version 17.0.4 or earlier).
- For Cameo Enterprise Architecture, the properties files is cameoea.properties.
- For Cameo Systems Modeleer, the properties files is csm.properties.
- For Cameo Business Modeler, the properties file is csm.properties.