After updating to the latest Java version (1.6.0_39 and higher or 1.7.0_13 and higher), MagicDraw can neither open projects nor accept license files. An Exception is generated. What is the fix for this issue?
Java versions 1.6.0_39 and higher or 1.7.0_13 and higher are incompatible with MagicDraw v17.0.2 (prior SP3) and v17.0.3 (prior SP1) and older versions.
What is the Reason That Has Caused Java 6 Update 39 and higher or Java 7 Update 13 and higher Incompatibility With Our Products?
It was Oracle’s mistake in introducing the undocumented behavior changes that have caused the incompatibility between Java and our product. As a result, MagicDraw 17.0.2 &17.0.3 and older versions are not compatible with Java 6 update u39 and higher or Java 7 update u13 and higher.
Oracle Java 6 update u39 and higher or Java 7 update u13 and higher have undocumented changes in the way the threading works.
Please manually* update to:
- Service pack 3 for MagicDraw 17.0.2 which solves this incompatibility issue was released on 25th February 2013.
- Service pack 1 for MagicDraw 17.0.3 which solves this incompatibility issue was released on 4th March 2013.
For older MagicDraw versions we highly recommend using the officially recommended Java version:
- 1.6.0_31 for MagicDraw v17.0.2 (prior SP3).
- 1.7.0_07 (1.6.0_35 for Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion) for MagicDraw v17.0.3 (prior SP1).
In order to change Java version which MagicDraw uses, please follow the instructions in this file.
* - autoupdate feature fails to install these service packs because of Java incompatibility. You should follow the instructions for manual update.