Update of JAVA 126.96.36.199 for Mac OS causes the disappearing menu.
We have found that update of JAVA 188.8.131.52 for Mac OS triggers the problem with disappearing MagicDraw menu. This issue is fixed in 16.5 SP3. Also we suggest two workarounds:
- You need to define older JAVA version in mduml.properties* ( /bin/ ) file and work with that JAVA version (for example version 1.5.0 or previous 1.6.0).
- You need to change Look & Feel style by editing global.opt file. Note: This problem does not exist on Metal Look & Feel.
Steps how to do that:
- Shutdown MagicDraw application;
- Go to ./magicdraw/ /data/;
- Open global.opt file with text editor;
- Find LOOK_AND_FEEL_CLASS propertyID.
- Replace tag apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel with new one:
- Save file;
- Start MagicDraw application.
* If you are using MagicDraw 17.0.5 or later, the name of the property file is magicdraw.properties.