MagicDraw does not start on Mac OS X Sierra from a no install file using the .app file. What is a solution for it?
Mac OS X Sierra has an updated gatekeeper policy. It says that all applications which are downloaded in .zip/iso files are not secure because of the dylib-hijacking problem.
(Please find more about it at https://www.virusbulletin.com/virusbulletin/2015/03/dylib-hijacking-os-x/).
All not secure programs, including the .app part of the application are moved to a temporary directory (quarantine), in other words, the application is improperly located and can not be started.
The solutions are:
- To run magicdraw.sh file from the /bin directory.
- To download the original signed MagicDraw.dmg file and to install the application again.
- To remove the program from quarantine.
To remove the application from quarantine, please do:
- Open a terminal.
- Using the terminal, open the MagicDraw installation directory.
- Write the command: xattr -d com.apple.quarantine MagicDraw.app/
- Close the terminal and start MagicDraw using the .app file.
NOTE: This issue is fixed for the 18.4 SP1 and 18.0 SP6 versions.