Is it possible to create a MagicDraw installation package with a set of some default options?
First of all you need to pre-configure MagicDraw. Do the following:
- Check if you have the permission to write to the MagicDraw installation folder because all information that you change will be stored in this folder. If you do not have the permission to write, contact your system administrator.
- In magicdraw.properties, which is in \bin, set the parameter value:
- Run MagicDraw and set desired options, then close the program.
- Reopen magicdraw.properties and restore the parameter value JAVA_ARGS=-DLOCALCONFIG\=true and remove the parameter -DWINCONFIG\=false.
- Copy the MagicDraw installation folder and paste it on a new machine.
Let us explain the difference between changed parameter values:
a) If JAVA_ARGS=-DLOCALCONFIG\=true, then option settings are stored in \.magicdraw\ . Options are loaded in the following order:
- From <Common Application Data location>\.magicdraw\
- From the MagicDraw installation folder
b) If JAVA_ARGS=-DLOCALCONFIG\=false -DWINCONFIG\=false, then option settings are stored only in the MagicDraw installation folder and are loaded from there.