There are a couple of solutions:
1. You can copy and paste or drag and drop images to a diagram. The image shape will be available for the copied image. MagicDraw supports .gif, .jpg, .svg, and .png image file types.
Note: The project size increases accordingly to the quantity and size in bytes of the inserted images, and this might have a great impact on the performance.
2. You can link external files to the project by specifying the relative paths to them. The relative path is always suggested, when creating a hyperlink to the external file, which is stored in the same folder with the project.
A relative path for a hyperlink can also be specified manually, e.g., "file:// /My Pictures/sample.jpg" for the picture, which is stored in the My Pictures directory that is located in the same folder with the project.
*A relative path begins at a current folder of the hierarchy (i.e., a project or the MagicDraw installation) and specifies the file's location from there.
You can add a hyperlink with a path, which is relative to the MagicDraw installation folder. For example, the path "file://sample.jpg" refers to the image, which is stored in the MagicDraw installation folder.
A path, which is relative to the project storage location, is always suggested, when creating a hyperlink to the file, which is stored in the same folder with the project. A relative path can also be specified manually. For example, the path "file://My Pictures/sample.jpg" refers to the picture, which is stored in the My Pictures directory that is located in the same folder with the project.
Just go to "Options->Environment->EMF UML2 (vx.x) XMI Options", and change the option "Export Model to EMF UML2 XMI on project save" The project will be exported on project saving.
In MagicDraw, the following options are available for sharing model for simultaneous work:
1. Model decomposition functionality is available in MagicDraw. Now it is possible to reuse project module in another project.
2. MagicDraw Teamwork Server. This product is fully optimized for working with UML model.
3. Since MagicDraw version 12.5, Teamwork Server integration with ClearCase and SVN is presented.
CVS is an options just for storing, not sharing
Choose the 'Copy as EMF' or 'Copy as JPG' command from the 'Edit' menu.
MagicDraw supports metamodel relation (consistency) between class and interaction (sequence and communication) diagrams: it reflects all the operations of the class in the message call action list. Classifier can be assigned to any lifeline. Class operations can be selected in the triggers in the state/activity diagrams.
Edit file mduml.properties* in bin directory. Change line CONSOLE=false to line CONSOLE=true
* If you are using MagicDraw 17.0.5 or later, the name of the property file is magicdraw.properties.
Since MagicDraw Version 7.0, partitioning functionality is presented in MagicDraw. Now it is possible to reuse project module by reference in another project.
Also MagicDraw Teamwork Server is available, which enables team collaboration.