The No Magic Academic program is a global initiative, which offers faculty members at the university level, the unique opportunity to use MagicDraw Personal as part of their teaching curriculum.
If You Are An Educator
- Universities participating in this program will be entitled to use MagicDraw Personal at no charge at their campus locations using a special academic site license. The software that is obtained as part of the No Magic Academic Program is restricted to educational - non-commercial purposes only. All pages displayed in the software contain a watermark indicating that the software is for academic use only.
- The No Magic Academic Program provides approved faculty members with the ability to access MagicDraw Personal installation files and download a software key for installation of the software on university owned computers. University computers must be located in a university or educational institution "lab environment" to qualify for acceptance into the Academic Program.
- The Academic Program also provides approved faculty members with a no charge MagicDraw Personal for use on their personal laptop or desktop computers:
- No Magic may at their discretion offer educators other MagicDraw editions or products at a discounted rate or at no charge, on a case-by-case basis or in special situations.
If You Are a Student
- In order to participate in the No Magic Academic Program, No Magic will require documentation proving the student's academic status.
- This can be accomplished by sending a letter (on official school letterhead) identifying the instructor's current academic status countersigned by their Department Chairman (or other designated supervisor).
- Students whose university is participating in the No Magic Academic Program can use MagicDraw Personal Edition only within an approved institution computer "lab" environment.
- As part of the No Magic Academic Program, students wishing to obtain their own academic Personal Edition for their laptop or desktop computer may purchase the software at a discounted academic rate of $61.00. The software that is obtained as part of the No Magic Academic Program is restricted to educational - non-commercial purposes only. All pages displayed in the software contain a watermark indicating that the software is for academic use only.
- The distribution of the academic program student software keys to any persons outside the university will result in forfeiture of all academic program privileges.
If You Are a Researcher or Researcher Associated With a University
- Researchers or researchers associated with universities are not qualified to participate in the No Magic Academic Program.
For more information:
How Students Receive Academic Status Approval
No Magic requires specific documentation, which proves your academic status before issuing an academic license.
How to join the No Magic Academic Program:
- A profile id number and password will be set up for the student.
- FAX the Academic Personal Site License Agreement to 214-291-9099. It is very important that you include the user name and profile id number and the VAT or Tax identification number with the license agreement.
- Once we have received the signed agreement, the user will receive the current MagicDraw Personal Edition Academic license key by email along with instructions on how to access the download area of the MagicDraw Personal installation file.
Benefits of the No Magic Academic Program
Here's How the University Benefits
- Form a partnership with No Magic, developers of MagicDraw, the award-winning architecture modeling tool based on UML 2.3 and above.
- Ability to immediately add MagicDraw current UML Personal Edition into their teaching curriculum and lab exercises.
- No charge email and telephone support.
- Frequent releases, each introducing new high-level features.
- The ability to upgrade to a paid version of any of the more advanced versions of MagicDraw including the Standard, Professional, or Enterprise Editions, or other No Magic software titles including Teamwork Server. (All academic versions are watermarked for academic use only).
- Commercial Versions for non-academic use are available to academic institutions at 40% off the commercial list price.
- Receive support for the latest UML 2.3 standard and above, a wide range of standard and high-end software features, ease of deployment, a simple and intuitive interface, all at an affordable price.
Here's How Students Benefit
- Students will be using MagicDraw, the award-winning architecture modeling tool based on the latest UML standard.
- Students gain the hands-on experience of using a "real-world" architecture modeling tool application used by major corporations and governments worldwide.
- Develop models based on the latest UML 2.3 standard, from requirements to implementation.
- Receive helpful online demos and other technical support when needed.
No Magic reserves the right to make changes to this academic program at any time without notice.