Request More InformationPre-requisites
- Programming/Coding background REQUIRED.
This course will NOT teach anyone how to be a programmer.
- Comfortable with use of Cameo/MagicDraw and basic features.
- This course will teach fundamental concepts of report generation (Report Wizard).
- Covers Velocity Template Language (VTL), select extensions, and general concepts required to understand report generation.
- Includes a hands-on practical exercise after each module, followed by a course final Lab.
- This course is intended for students with strong programming background that are already knowledgeable about the tool and the domain that is modeled (UML, SysML, or UPDM / UAF, etc.).
Module 01 - Introduction to Report Generation (the Report Wizard)
- Background of the Report Wizard
- Presentation of the UI and overview of the kinds of example reports that come with the tool
- Demo using the report wizard windows to export an existing demo report
Module 02 – Introduction to Velocity Template Language (VTL)
- Understand the Velocity Template Language
- Basic concepts of Templating
- Basic Constructs
- Generating Warnings and exceptions
- Accessing the Model
- Best Practices
- Lab (30 minutes)
Module 03 – MagicDraw’s Implementation of VTL
- Helper Tools
- Dissecting MagicDraw Specification
- Lab (30 minutes)
Module 04 – Working with Tables
- Tabular Export Background
- Accessing all Elements contained on a diagram
- Dynamic Row Creation
- Dynamic Column Creation
- 3 Labs
Module 05 - Macros Development
- Why use macros
- How to Use Macros
- 2 Labs
Module 06 – Excel and Power Point
- How to export data into Excel
- How to export data into PowerPoint
- #forpage directive
- 2 labs
Module 07 – Template Development Process
- Documentation Useful for Template Development
- Template Development Process
- Reviewing the Target Template
- What is in the Model?
- What is the Model’s Metadata?
- Using VTL and model API to write the data
- Cameo Collaborator Custom Templates
- Template Development Best Practices