No Magic Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Cameo Concept Modeler 18.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8). The release features:
Concept Modeling Profile improvements
The stereotypes in the Concept Modeling profile are now aligned with SMIF (Semantic Modeling for Information Federation):
- «AnnotationProperty» has been updated to «Annotation Property».
- «ConceptModel» has been updated to «Concept Model».
- «Disjoint with» has been updated to «Disjoint With».
- «PropertyHolder» has been updated to «Anything».
The Concept Modeling Profile can now be hidden like any other auxiliary resource in the containment tree.
Diagram simplicity improvements
CCM now offers to improve the "Default" and "Defined Elsewhere" styles for non-technical audiences:
- The «Resource» stereotype will no longer be visible on diagrams.
- Tagged values are suppressed for attributes.
- The 'Show Attributes Compartment Name' is suppressed for classes.
- No longer displays the IRI tagged value on an active diagram after its creation in the specification window.
- No longer fails to display a sub property chain or equivalent property on an active diagram after its creation in the specification window.
A project option now allows the user to control whether or not to continue to offer to apply style improvements when an older project is opened.
OWL import improvements
- Merges imported OWL ontologies with existing models in a project.
- Preserves existing diagrams when OWL ontologies are merged with existing models in a project.
- Supports annotations on an ontology itself.
- Supports an ontology version IRI in each concept model.
- Supports OWL ObjectUnionOf.
- Supports import of universal quantification constraint.
- Supports exact cardinality restriction on properties.
- Logging during OWL import is now enabled by default to help diagnose problems
OWL export improvements
- Projects stored on a TeamWork Cloud server remember the last chosen location and start there when prompting during the next export.
- Supports path variables for remembered OWL file export paths.
- Supports ontology version IRIs.
- Supports properties owned by an association in UML.
- Produces an exact cardinality restriction for a property when the min and max cardinalities are the same.
- Logging during OWL export is now enabled by default to help diagnose problems.
Natural Language Glossary improvements
- A project option now enables displaying property definitions in addition to Class definitions.
- A project option now enables the specification of an ordered annotation property list, whose values will be shown along with documentation for each glossary entry.
- All of the properties for same-named Equivalent classes are merged into a single class entry.
- Differently-named equivalent classes refer to one main class entry.
- No longer stores a remembered OWL export file name without having the proper write permission for a TWC project.
- The preferred-annotation-property project option now determines which annotations appear as documentation in the documentation panel and in the natural language glossary.
- The preferred-annotation-property project option now shows a progress bar and locks TWC project elements before adjusting annotation ownership.
- The Remove universal quantification menu option is now properly enabled when the redefined and redefining property have the same name.
- The Display IRI tagged value menu option is no longer improperly enabled for attributes.
- The Display IRI tagged value menu option will now display as Display IRI.
- The Hide IRI tagged value menu option will now display as Hide IRI.
- Exporting to OWL no longer generates duplicate property definitions when a datatype property is mistakenly used as a super property of an object property.
- Repairing a style no longer fails on an element stereotyped as «InvisibleStereotype».
More information about CCM 18.0 LTR SP8
Download CCM 18.0 LTR SP8 NOW