New features in version 9.5 SP1
This Service Pack 1 includes several improvements and fixes the following problems:
- Load problems when XMI versions of modules differ.
- Project symbols corruption after changes in port type.
- Load and data corruption problems due to hyperlinks usage in the project.
- Diagram load performance problems.
- Save problems when project is imported into existing one that has notes.
- Code engineering:
- Java: removed Check association end mapping reverse option.
- Corba IDL: reverse error when constant value expression is 0.
- MySQL: forward engineering problems related with primary key name.
- WSDL: WSDLporttype stereotype and binding class assignment problems after reverse engineering.
New features in version 9.5
(Released in March 2005)
- Ability to control synchronization with Eclipse. Now you can choose synchronization modes - Manual, Code-to-Model automatic, Automatic. It allows architects to work with model without making direct changes to code.
- Ability to create model pieces from Java libraries in Eclipse.
- Deleting in MagicDraw will not delete source code in Eclipse.
- Capability to choose between association and attribute when creating a model for attribute in source code.
- Startup screen with options on new MagicDraw project creation from Eclipse.
- Java profiles with JDK classes included in every new MagicDraw project from Eclipse.
New features in version 9.0 SP2
This Service Pack 2 includes several improvements and fixes the following problems:
- UML 2.0 related issues/improvements:
- Realize link is displayed incorrectly when interface operations and attributes are not suppressed.
- Swimlanes change their width when loading projects created with previous MagicDraw versions.
- Dragging and dropping class or component from browser to diagram creates existing ports on symbols.
- Component (class) provided interfaces are interfaces implemented by component (class) itself or ports of these classifiers.
- Component can be assigned as classifier for instance and classifier role.
- In sequence diagram, operation for call action can be selected from component (class) provided interfaces.
- Display Ports action is added to class and component shortcut menu, Related Elements group. This option creates port symbol on component (class) symbol, if port exists but is not presented on the diagram.
- Always create new symbols option is added to Display Related Elements dialog. After selecting this option, new symbols are created even if related elements already are presented on diagram.
- Improved Find Usages/Dependent Elements functionality. Relationships visualization options Treat relationships as search result andTreat model elements at the end of relationships as search result options are added.
- Display path on element drop option is added to Environment Options dialog, Diagram section. Now by default, after dragging and dropping elements from browser to diagram, paths to existing symbols are not created.
- Hyperlinks from images cannot be opened in generated reports due to erroneous path variable replacement with real path.
- Model transformations, metrics, and model differencing issues.
New features in version 9.0 SP1
- This Service Pack is used for the internal purposes.
New features in version 9.0
(Released in December 2004)
- UML 2.0 notation support. Use the power of UML 2.0 standard support.
- Visual Model differencing - This allows you to see the changes made between two different versions of a model. Enterprise Edition Only.
- Transformation of UML models to specific XML Schema and DB models. Ability to customize or add transformations. Enterprise Edition Only.
- UML model, system analysis and requirements metrics enable project leaders, head analysts, and head architects to measure projects by different viewpoints and review models. Enterprise Edition Only.
- Find Usages/Dependencies - MagicDraw users to track/view element dependencies in the UML model. This feature is available in Standard, Professional, and Enterprise editions.
- JDK 1.5 support.
- Resource download module.
- DB improvements:
- Improved Oracle database schema generation and reverse. Beginning from Oracle version 9i, after database reverse, you may retrieve additional information such as stored procedures, packages, and storage parameters.
- Specialized profile and diagram for Oracle.
- Retrieve JDBC functionality is moved to Code Engineering Sets.
- Teamwork/module improvements:
- Ability to store user specific configuration on the server;
- Table of used modules on commit and ability to choose add/merge/import option;
- Ability to mark module/project as "stable" and use some fixed version of the teamwork module (latest/latest stable/fixed version number).
New features in version 8.0 Service Pack 2
This Service Pack 2 fixes several minor MagicDraw issues.
New features in version 8.0 Service Pack 1
This Service Pack 1 fixes the following problems:
- Model Visualizer:
- Package dependency diagram wizard should not generate two-way dependencies between inner and owner packages.
- MagicDraw hangs after layouting diagram with hierarchic structure drawn in a package.
- Diagram is not layouted using orthogonal layouter, if classes connected with any relationship are drawn in a package.
- After reverse to an active diagram, paths become not visible.
- Code engineering:
- Java: duplicated JavaDoc @throws value after method edition in MagicDraw.
- Java: extra import is generated when String typed attribute is used.
- Java: if operation contains a parameter, after repeatedly generating code with selected Reverse before generation option, method is duplicated in the source.
- C++: using-directive is not parsed.
- C++: initialization list is lost after reverse.
- Report generation fails, if project elements IDs contain characters that cannot be used in the filenames.
- If stereotype is not assigned using specification dialog, tagged value is not created on owner stereotype assignment.
- Double-click does not work in the Select Model Element dialog box.
- MacOS X: after copy and paste using Command-C and Command-V shortcuts, additional characters are added to the names of model elements.
New features in version 8.0
(Released in September 2004)
- Java source code reverse engineering to sequence diagram.
- Analysis and model navigation improvements. New diagram wizards for model visualization after the UML model import (source code reverse engineering, XMI import, etc.).
- New sophisticated diagram layout engine with seven layout options. Now you can make your diagrams aligned and look professional without manual arranging of diagrams.
- Major improvements in MagicDraw modules handling. From now on, every project can have shared packages that might be visible in other projects, which use such project as a module.
- Integration with Borland CaliberRM requirements tool. Ability to create logical relations from requirements in CaliberRM to model elements in MagicDraw.
- Integration with BEA WebLogic Workshop enables Workshop users to create an overview of their web application, web services, JSPs, EJBs or Portals using UML Class diagram.
- Integration with NetBeans 3.6.
- Integration with Eclipse 3.0.
- Customizable Quick Property tab with the most used element properties for convenient and fast editing of the selected elements.
- Easy text formatting with HTML for model documentation. It allows using text formatting elements - aligning, bullets, numbering, colors, fonts, etc.
- Support for additional UML profiles for Enterprise Distributed Object Computing (EDOC) and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI).
New features in version 7.8
(Released in June 2004)
Teamwork server improvements:
- Increased teamwork server performance. Users may perform faster open, update and lock for edit teamwork server operations concurrently.
- Commit operation usability enhancements. If teamwork server is currently locked when user tries to commit their project, then the user can choose to wait while teamwork server will be available, cancel the commit operation and receive notification when teamwork server will be available, or just cancel commit operation.
7.8 Version fixes the following issues:
- Data Partitioning:
- Modules become as simple packages.
- Module version is not updated after a teamwork project update.
- Imported to teamwork server local module does not have new status.
- Message that module(s) cannot be found appears while opening locally saved module.
- Recovery Save:
- Recovery can be canceled.
- Recovery save is performed repeatedly, if no changes are made.
- "Saving recovery data on Idle" progress bar appears when the progress bar is currently opened.
- Help cannot be started in MagicDraw when integrated with Eclipse.
New features in version 7.5 service pack 1
This Service Pack 1 fixes the following problems:
- When MagicDraw demo version limitation is exceeded, the user may enter another key to save the work.
- Teamwork Server:
- Text with national characters gets corrupted after a commit.
- MagicDraw hangs up after locking elements recursively or moving them on a diagram pane.
- Locally saved teamwork project cannot be loaded if they have references to some teamwork module elements.
- Some element data is not updated after reloading teamwork module.
- Project cannot be added to teamwork server, if the module has several roots.
- Startup problems with floating license server using the "nogui" version.
- Performance issues:
- Teamwork project long load duration.
- Memory problems in MagicDraw native build due to compiler issues.
- Due to a "\" separator magicdraw.magicdraw file cannot be shared between Unix and Windows platforms.
- An extend link is created as implements statement in MagicDraw integration with IntelliJ IDEA.
- MagicDraw cannot be started due to empty "Import Configuration" dialog.
- Code engineering:
- Corba IDL: "unsigned long long" data type failure on reverse.
- Java: attributes and operations are sorted alphabetical on framework generation.
- DDL: "use database" statement is not generated for MySQL.
- DDL: "create database if not exists" statement mistakenly creates database called "if".
- Unable to save changes in Build-In template.
- Cannot generate reports in IntelliJ IDEA integration.
- Cannot generate .pdf report in MagicDraw native build.
- Open API:
- Null pointer exception is thrown if a project uses both local and teamwork modules.
- New element is not always editable in the Open API.
- After creating a new diagram generalization tree is converted to simple generalizations.
- Redundant warnings after profile deletion.
New features in version 7.5
(Released in March 2004)
- Performance increase up to 100% in MagicDraw's client and Teamwork Server.
- New reporting mechanism. RTF and PDF templates for SDD and UCS (Software Design Document and Use Case Specification).
- XMI 1.2 support. Save, load, import, and export using the XMI 1.2 file format. XMI 1.1 and XMI 1.0 save, load and import are also supported.
- Easy MagicDraw installation for Mac OS X (10.3 or above). Download MagicDraw Mac OS X Disk Image file, mount it, and install MagicDraw by dropping launcher to the Applications folder (or somewhere else).
- Custom diagrams and custom diagram elements styles for UML profiles:
- Ability to construct and use your own custom diagram based on UML diagram.
- Ability to customize created diagram toolbar.
- Ability to add stereotyped elements with custom style.
- Generated custom diagram settings are stored in diagram descriptor file and can be imported and used by other users.
- Better UML profiling and extending abilities:
- Enhanced extensions tree, several sorting and grouping options.
- Enhanced tagged values panel for every model element (tags grouping, sorting, filtering, several displaying options).
- Ability to filter extensions elements (stereotypes, tags, constraints) by profiles in specification dialogs.
- Profiles management dialog.
- Automatic optimizing of base classes for stereotypes.
- Base classes are visible on stereotype shape.
- Correct UML metamodel element names in base class list (Class, Package, and others).
- Stereotypes, tag definitions, tagged values, and constraints can have extension elements as any other model element.
- Ability to assign stereotypes from shortcut menu or type directly near the model element name.
- Ability to create tags not visible in diagrams, only in model (for example for code engineering).
- Easier migration to the new version releases. After an auto-update, your previous program settings are retained. In addition, auto-update is available for floating licenses and teamwork servers.
- Ability to specify use case properties as defined by RUP. Ready to use UCS can be produced from MagicDraw model.
- Now hyperlinks can be added to any model element.
- Ability to display related elements to a selected one on the diagram.
- Style engine improvements. Ability to define individual style for stereotypes. You can apply different presentation styles for elements depending on their diagram type.
- Stamp on printouts and diagram window indicating user name, company, and other properties.
- New GUI library - JIDE allows better management of windows and other graphical controls.
- Floating License checkout. No longer a need for a constant connection to the Floating Server, just check out a floating license and hit the road.
- Zoom improvements, menu structure optimization and other minor enhancements:
- Go to related elements functionality while in the browser or a diagram.
- Open API for notes.
- Quick Find in the Browser.
- Recent diagrams list. A list of the diagrams that were opened recently.
- Preview of selected diagram by selecting them in the browser or Content diagram.
- C# documentation tag support.
- Fixed collaboration numbering defect.
New features in version 7.2
(Released in December 2003)
- Pervasive database reverse engineering improvements.
- Fixed problems with diagram copy as WMF or JPG.
- Fixed bug when redundant spaces are added to an action name.
- Fixed problem when table comments are not generated for Oracle database.
New features in version 7.1
(Released in November 2003)
- Integration with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Export diagram images using Open API.
- Generate reports from console without running MagicDraw.
- Fixed problems with the help window modality.
- Fixed positions for links on shapes.
New features in version 7.0 service pack 1
This Service Pack 1 fixes the following problems:
- Behavioral element cannot be removed from extension point specification.
- Save is not successful after import.
- Project becomes corrupted after import.
- NetBeans integration tool does not work under MAC OS.
- Integration with Forte/NetBeans:
- Shape cannot be deleted from diagram pane using the Delete key.
- It is not possible to integrate MagicDraw with Eclipse 3.0.
- MagicDraw hangs after transition edition.
- Module package tagged values are lost after loading a project.
- Save error during module export.
- WSDL Engineering:
- Component is not created in Component View package after Quick Reverse.
- Documentation with XML tags is not reversed correctly: only text before XML tag is reversed.
- Namespace that exists not in the root package is not found after reverse.
- C++ Engineering:
- Type is not generated when type modifiers are used for association ends.
- Generalization is not created after reverse.
- Set include path is not found under Linux OS.
- Array attribute is duplicated after code generation.
- Attribute is moved to the right after each code generating.
- Corba IDL:
- Erroneous warning about union element multiplicity.
- Only one class is created after anonymous arrays reverse.
- XML Schema:
- The illegal location of include statement after code generate.
- Code generation: Despite selecting to use spaces in place of tabs during code generate, tabs are added into source files.
- Common CE: Incorrect path representation in Component View package.
- C# Engineering:
- Reverse fails due to \\" characters erroneous interpretation.
- Reverse works slowly when large code files are reversed.
- Tagged value default value is not included into report.
- Code engineering options: Cleared header is restored after reloading a project.
- Incorrect position of generalization link arrowhead after using Class Diagram Wizard.
- DDL Reverse: Redundant error messages.
- The user cannot view and edit language options in MagicDraw standard edition.
- Diagrams Load Mode option does not work for modules.
- Report is not generated when component has resident elements.
- Used module path is not automatically added to the Module Path list.
New features in version 7.0
(Released in July 2003)
- XML Schema support. XML Schema template. XML Schema code generation, reverse and syntax checking. XML Schema diagram. XML Schema patterns.
- WSDL support. WSDL template. WSDL code generation and reverse. WSDL diagram. WSDL patterns.
- EJB 2.0 support. EJB 2.0 template. EJB descriptor code generation, reverse and syntax checking. EJB 2.0 patterns.
- CORBA IDL 3.0 support. CORBA IDL 3.0 template. CORBA IDL 3.0 code generation, reverse and syntax checking. CORBA IDL 3.0 diagram. CORBA IDL 3.0 patterns.
- Teamwork Server works with IDE integrations.
- Users can save project part (module) to separate file.
- Changes in UML model:
- Stereotypes, tag definitions and constraints are grouped to profiles.
- Stereotypes, tag definitions and constraints may have many base classes.
- Stereotype symbol can be created. Generalization is allowed for stereotypes.
- Improved UML support:
- Sequence action support is added.
- Signal element support is added.
- Active sequence object may be displayed in sequence diagram.
- New types of the diagrams are supported:
- Content diagram.
- Web Application diagram.
- Robustness diagram.
- CORBA IDL diagram.
- DDL diagram.
- WSDL diagram.
- XML Schema diagram.
- Open API enhancements.
- Access all UML metamodel classes.
- Create a new diagram type extending existing UML diagrams.
- Save project to a specified location.
- Load project from a specified location.
- Add panels into model elements’ specification dialogs.
- New editor operations:
- Suppress/unsuppress class members with smart control.
- Path (association, generalization, link, etc) creation using smart control.
- Autosize action using rapid control.
- Code Engineering improvements. Reverse results can be added to class diagram from wizard, to new diagram or to active diagram.
- Changes in Browser:
- Model changes that were made from the last project save are highlighted.
- Stereotypes may be displayed in Browser.
- Improved search functionality. Search may be performed by element, stereotype, tagged value, constraint or documentation. Java regular expressions may be used in search. Search may be performed by TODO tagged value.
- Pervasive database support is added.
New features in version 6.0 service pack 4
This Service Pack 4 fixes the following problems:
- Teamwork Update Performance. Now diagrams are loaded only if they are modified on a commit operation. Previously, the Commit operation loaded all diagrams, if there was a new version of the project on the server.
- Removed extra version number that was added to the teamwork project name when loading a locally saved project.
- Teamwork Project Commit. In some configurations a corruption to the teamwork server project after a commit. This generally occurred when a diagram had been moved from one package to another.
- Teamwork Project Permissions.
- Multiplicity loss after saving a diagram as a project module.
New features in version 6.0 service pack 3
This Service Pack 3 fixes the following problems:
- Eclipse integration:
- Extends clauses cause MagicDraw hang up.
- Floating server:
- MagicDraw application hangs when connection to FL server is lost.
- Dependency link causes MagicDraw hang up.
- Impossible to uninstall expired product.
- C++, C# Engineering:
- Reference to an inner class is not found after code reverse.
- C++ Engineering:
- Cannot parse if destructor is pure virtual and has throw list.
- Throw list is generated incorrectly.
- Unnecessary include is generated.
- Global namespace scope operator for template operation is not parsed.
- C# Engineering:
- Cannot parse if field, assembly, module, property, or method is declared as keyword.
- C++, C#, Java, IDL Engineering:
- Syntax checker incorrectly reports about error.
- Retrieve DB structure. Now it is allowed to retrieve Pervasive SQL data base structure.
- Copy as JPG. Now the border around exported class is set to 10 pixels.
- Copy as JPG and WMF. Redundant space is added to the right side of exported image.
- Image export. Exported swimlane length is not selected according to whole image size.
- The user cannot login to teamwork server if MagicDraw was closed without logouting from the teamwork server.
- Recursive message is drawn incorrectly in sequence diagram.
- After project reload constraints/tagged values positions are lost.
- Redundant warning appears when trying to save project after sequence or collaboration diagram deletion.
- Style is imported incorrectly.
- Unisys XMI export: Unspecified multiplicity is set to 1 after export.
- Unlock key with time limit cannot be applied when locale is set to Thai.
- Now the drop down list for selecting operations appear only for uninterpreted and call messages.
- Vertical and horizontal scrollbars do not appear when the source on HTML Source Editor dialog exceeds default dialog area.
- [MAC OS] Copy as EPS: additional code is seen in the EPS image.
- [MAC OS] Fonts are changed after project reload.
New features in version 6.0 service pack 2
With our Service Pack 2 release, the Teamwork Server connections are now made "one way" - therefore, the server makes no network calls. Connections can be wrapped via HTTP and SSH. This will allow connection to work easier, in case a client is behind a firewall.
This Service Pack 2 fixes the following problems:
- Some problems were occurring while committing a project, thus the Teamwork Server could not be updated.
- We enabled JDBC connections to SQLBase databases.
- script.ddl component was not being created when Project Options dialog was opened.
- Fixed parsing error when a file ends with a comment.
- Filenames now support additional characters. Previously only file names that contained only letter characters were supported.
- Fixed template destructor parsing problem.
- Fixed problem with parsing type redefinition to pointer to function with a return pointer type.
- Fixed enum generation problem.
- Fixed inner class visibility generation problem.
- Fixed operation definition generation problem when class is in a namespace.
- Fixed reverse engineering problem when comments from source files (.cpp) are not taken into model documentation.
The Color dialog box can be invoked when using our Japanese localization.
- Now it is possible to add operations with the "not void" return type to source code.
- Style options are now saved.
The MagicDraw log file is sent along with a bug report under Unix.
It is possible to move symbols when a path label is selected.
Interfaces and actors can be connected with a realize link.
The owner for a data type is now shown, when it is added to a package other then Data types.
Fixed WMF export problem for multi-line names.
Interfaces can be selected as a default value of a template parameter.
Multiplicity and role names are not distorted after a project is reloaded.
Whole action expression is saved when "=" character letter is used.
After reloading a project no additional blank lines are inserted to a symbol name, text box, or note.
Fixed problem with copy/paste of "create" message in sequence diagram.
Association link end shortcut menu is invoked while selecting its name text box.
Fixed CORBA IDL generation problem when interfaces are connected with a generalization relationship.
New features in version 6.0 service pack 1
Online registration can be done via proxy.
SVG image size is exported in inches.
Fixed teamwork problem that was caused by migration from older MagicDraw version.
New features in version 6.0
(Released in January 2003)
C# code reverse engineering and generation. With just a few clicks, create a model from existing C# code or generate C# code framework.
Integration with NetBeans. Another dynamic integration with one of the most popular IDEs.
Open API. Access GUI, UML model, and diagrams. Write your own Java or JPython plugins.
Customizable, extendable design patterns. Create new patterns. Modify existing patterns using Java code or JPython scripts.
Smart Floating License management. From the Floating License server, choose the MagicDraw edition you want: Professional, Standard, or Demo for Project View.
Automatic update. Automatic patch notification and update.
Improved printing functionality. Print multiple diagrams at a time. Select page ranges for printing.
Improved Find functionality. The Find window now has its own separate browser tab. Find search results are displayed in data tree format.
Improved export to SVG and JPG formats. For enhanced export performance, the image export library has been updated to Batik 1.1.
Improved DDL and JDBC reverse engineering.
- As a source for JDBC drivers, specify several zip/jar files or directories.
- Find classes containing JDBC drivers.
- Select schema functionality.
- Fixed retrieval of foreign keys.
- Fixed retrieval of database structures from MS Access using the JDBC/ODBC bridge.
- Improved DDL generation (sorting of drop statements, drop statements moved to the beginning of ddl script, added support for identifying and non-identifying relations, as well as the added option to retrieve data, relationships, models, and statements from a database and generate it to DDL in a column sort sequence order).
- Pointbase and DB2 dialects support.
The About window now carries system and "what's new" information.
Application GUI available in three additional languages: Arabic, Portuguese Brazilian, Italian(in addition to the current English (US), German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Thai language options)
Users can cancel Project Save and Open operations.
MagicDraw 6.0 addresses issues and bugs reported by our users. Thanks to all reporters for your invaluable input! The following problems have all been resolved:
- Improved project import performance - instances where MagicDraw froze following a series of project import operations.
- Enumeration model elements are supported in IDL code engineering.
- Setters/getters issue - setter/getters could not be created for an association end if a class did not have attributes.
- Reverse engineering issue - code reversal failed to create nested packages carrying the same name as a top package.
- Data Type issue - data types were duplicated if attribute types were chosen by manually typing the name of an existing data type.
- Save Diagram as Image issue -- transitions to inner states failed to export.
- Printing issue -- failure to print selected page ranges that did not start at the first page.
- CIL Disassembler reverse engineering -- an informative message has been added.
- Fixed problems in DDL reverse engineering when not all tables are reversed and association for the second foreign key is not created after the reverse
- Teamwork Server related issues
- Do not Load Diagrams diagrams load mode corrupted the project after modifying the link end.
- Diagrams failed to open after dragging & dropping.
- IDs were duplicated after a teamwork project version was set as the latest version.
- Deleted diagrams remained inside packages.
- Association relationships were removed from models once an association end was modified.
- Failure to commit to the Teamwork Server changes made to activators, classifier roles, relationship multiplicities, and classifier role destroy options.
- New Open Project functionality: Open teamwork projects by double-clicking, or by clicking Enter on a project item in the "Open Teamwork Project" dialog box, found under the teamwork projects list.
New features in version 5.5i
(Released in August 2002)
Application GUI in 6 languages: English (US), German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Thai.
Fixes to teamwork server, reverse engineering and improved database structure retrieval via JDBC.
- Fixed bug with the "Commit Whole Project" option: when this option was selected, not all project elements were committed to the server.
- Fixed teamwork server bug where the commit after deleting the model element corrupted a teamwork project.
- Fixed reverse engineering bug where "Ignore" option removed some class shape from a class diagram while reversing DDL with the property "Drop Table"
- Improved the performance of retrieving database structure via JDBC.
New features in version 5.5
(Released in June 2002)
UML 1.4 support.
Full support for UML 1.4 semantics and notation. Follow this new standard together with MagicDraw and use the advantage of new and powerfull UML features. The following is the list of implemented features:
- Note can show constraints, tagged values, comments
- Constraint relationship can be drawn
- Elements can have multiple stereotypes
- Containment tree can be drawn
- Attribute can show multiplicity, ordering, properties and stereotypes
- Operation can show properties and stereotypes
- Nested class notation
- Enumeration added
- Generalization can be drawn between associations
- The action state name mapping now is changed to the name of entry action
- Objects and links can be drawn in class diagram
- Artifact model element introduced
- Call state model element introduced
- Constraints and tagged values are updated
XMI 1.1 support.
Save and load, import and export using XMI 1.1 file format. XMI 1.0 load and import is also supported. You don't have to worry that your tool is obsolete, we are taking care of it!
Common Intermediate Language (CIL) reverse engineering.
From now on, MagicDraw is able to reverse engineer .NET bytecode (CIL or MS IL), enabling you to capture the design of the applications and systems written for .NET platform.
Integration with IBM's Eclipse platform.
Automatic synchronization of model in MagicDraw and code in Eclipse 2.0. Eclipse is getting more popular day by day, so we have added integration with it. We have also integrated with Borland's JBuilder and Sun's Forte.
File storage in CVS.
Built-in CVS interface for storing project files. Just a clicks and your file is stored in a safe place.
Object Constraint Language (OCL) support.
Automatic syntax validation and highlighting. A great addition, if you are extending your model with OCL constraints.
Teamwork server enhancements.Due to numerous requests we have added following functionality:
- Only changed elements are uploaded to the teamwork server during commit operation. This will make Teamwork Server operations faster.
- Unchanged elements might be unlocked without committing them to the server.
- Project element's changes might be discarded by downloading older element version from the teamwork server
Users may add and manage version tags on projects.
Sequence diagram improvements
- Return values for sequence and collaboration diagrams are added.
- Synchronization between operation signature and corresponding sequence message.
- Autosize flag for activations is added.
Support for branch to self.
Report engine enhancements.
- Customizable first page. Provide your own first page, according to your standards.
- Better navigation in embedded diagrams. Drill in, if model element has any diagrams assigned.
- Ability to select image export type. Choose between JPEG and PNG.
- Settings from the last report are saved.
Root "Data" package is hidden in report.
Memory and performance improvements. MagicDraw is now even faster and uses less memory than before.
- Toolbars menu in main menu.
- All functionality from pop-ups is available in main menu.
- Possibility to call pop-up menu for several nodes in browser.
- Classifiers are now sorted in classifier selection list.
- Automatic extension point adding into usecase on <extend> link drawing
- Ability to select a parent package for the diagram on creation time
- Diagrams can be organized by type in the diagrams tab in the data browser.
Stereotype icon overrides default browser icon
New features in version 5.1
(Released in March 2002)
- Spanish translation added.
- Korean translation is back.
- Java reverse engineering enhancement. Click on a model class and reverse it from the classpath. MagicDraw will automatically find .class file, reverse it, and update the model.
New features in version 5.0 SP1
- Fixed slow startup problem.
- Fixed problems with JDBC retrieving.
- Fixed problems loading local teamwork projects.
New features in version 5.0
(Released in December 2001)
- Integration with Borland's JBuilder 5.0.
Automatic model and code change tracking
- EJB-UML notation support.
You can model EJB classes and generate descriptors for them. Or you can reverse descriptors and will get a model describing your Enterprice Java Beans.
- Teamwork Server administrator's console.
Administrator can see status of the Teamwork server. There is information about connected users, loaded projects. Administrator can change server properties, shutdown or restart server. There is a possibility to see log files (debug information ) of server and separate projects.
- Ability to work offline with the Teamwork Server.
Every user can save teamwork project locally and work without a constant connection with the Teamwork Server. Later the project can be loaded and committed to the Teamwork Server.
- New toolbars for symbol and path style editing.
- WMF export is replaced by EMF export, thus solving unicode character and some graphical problems
- GUI for launching the Teamwork Server.
New features in version 4.5
(Released in July 2001)
- UML diagram extensibility support.
- C++ round-trip enhancements.
- Database design support
- Unisys XMI extension for Rational Rose support.
- Lowered memory consumption and increased application speed.
- Round-trip engineering enhancements.
- Hyperlinks in diagrams.
- Horizontal diagram separator.
- Separate Diagram View in the browser
- Customizable shortcuts.
- Bezier curve mode for paths.
New features in version 4.1
(Released in March 2001)
- Model versioning support on the teamwork server.
- GUI in Korean and Japanese
New features in version 4.0
(Released in February 2001)
- Teamwork support (you need a server piece to enable model echange)
- Toolset for the management of users and their permissions (for teamwork server)
- Customizable, XSL based reports for whole model.
- Import/export of project part.
- Diagram images embedded in reports
- Pattern generator (EJB, RMI, and many more)
- Customizable toolbars
- Java bytecode (.class) files reverse engineering, including reverse engineering from ".zip" and ".jar" files.
New features in version 3.6i
(Released in October 2000)
- Application GUI in 4 languages: English (US), German, Japanese, and Thai.
New features in version 3.6
(Released in July 2000)
- Native files now are stored in XMI (XML metadata interchange) format.
- Support for UML 1.3 notation and metamodel.
- EPS, DXF, WMF, SVG file export.
- Forte for Java IDE integration.
- Drag and drop from browser to diagram, source code files from native file manager to a MagicDraw RT Set.
- Print preview dialog box.
- Diagram copy to system clipboard as vector or bitmap image (available under only Windows).
New features in version 3.51
(Released in February 2000)
- C++ round trip engineering.
- Realize link tree.
- Custom page header and footer for printing.
- Rational Rose 2000 files import.
- Themes for Swing" GUI (includes MagicDraw theme).
- Back and forward icons for diagram browsing.
New features in version 3.5
(Released in December 1999)
- C++ reverse engineering with all preprocessor directives support
- CORBA IDL round-trip (reverse engineering + code generation)
- Automatic setters and getters generation
- Swing GUI
- MDI/SDI choice
- Save all or chosen diagrams as PNG images.
- All invisible links restoration for shapes in diagram.
- The class documentation and name can be customized to pop up in place of tool tip.
- Customizable view (pen color, fill color, font), customizable element properties (stereotype name displaying).
- Ability to insert inner classes.
- Advanced sequence modeling: concurrent lifelines, message type-dependent object activation control, object creation and destruction modeling, diagonal messages, conditional branches, recursive messages.
- Option to show/hide activation.
- Objects can have attribute initialization compartment.
- Full message flow syntax support.
- Three compartments in the state shape (for name, actions and attributes), ability to show changes of the class attributes.
- Convex and concave shapes for transitions that change object state and/or attribute values.
- Predefined primitive types for Java and C++.
- Type conversion tables for C++, Java, and CORBA IDL.
- Tagged values (properties), constraints support for all model elements.
- Ability to change common properties for all found view elements.
New features in version 3.2
(Released in August 1999)
- C++ code generation.
- Java code round-trip engineering.
- Easy model navigation. Double click on package (and/or use case) opens a class diagram.
- Main toolbar tips in status bar.
- Automatic constructor adding in diagram.
- Grid and snap to grid capability.
- Pages layout preview in the diagram.
- Copy/paste all elements in browser.
- Stereotypes set control.
- Arguments order control in the method signature.
- Use case diagram reports.
- Multiline names for packages, use cases, objects, nodes, components, classes and actors.
- Copy with Ctrl+drag in the diagrams.
- Drag and drop methods among classes in class diagram.
- Manipulating methods and attributes as separate objects in class diagram.
- CLASSPATH classes parse and referencing during Java reverse engineering.
- Zoom to selection.
- Manipulations highlighting (the distinctive colors are used to inform user about the manipulations results).
New features in version 3.1
(Released in May 1999)
- Java code generation.
- Saves every diagram as jpeg images for a whole project at once.
- Toggle black and white /color mode for diagrams.
- Automatic class names' appendix.
- Quick reverse engineering and code generation (without sets).
- Improved multiple window handling - less "hidings" under other application windows.
- Abstract property for a method.
- PgUp and PgDn keys browsing in the diagram.
- Print selected shapes.
- Test page print.
- Always visible sequence diagram objects.
- Objects' filter in the browser.
- Composite packages in diagrams, inheritance link among packages.
- Diamond on arbitrary end of the association.
- Autosize flag for shapes.
- Association direction icon.
- Package dependency diagram wizard.
- Class compartments based on the methods' and attributes' stereotypes (final version).
- Customizable package name display (in the body or tab).
New features in version 3.0
(Released in February 1999)
- Java code reverse engineering.
- Ability to change generalization tree to simple generalization and vice verse.
- Relations (links) tab in every shape (class, package) specification dialog.
- Set of predefined stereotypes (thread, actor, utility, interface for class).
- A class can have inner classes.
- Ability to trace all views of particular class data.
- Ability to insert new method/attribute from the popup menu.
- Interdependency link among class and package.
- Search with wildcards (*, ?).
- Class diagram layout ability (by inheritance hierarchy).
- New class diagram wizard - you can create a diagram from a particular set of classes with a customized set of links (generalization, dependency, association, realization) or any combination of those.
- Possibility to attach note anchor to a particular method or attribute.
- Possibility to copy/paste methods and attributes in the browser.
- Undo/redo list with all operations.
- Shortcut keys for most of the diagram elements.