Release date: 3rd December 2013
You can now easily create full and proxy ports. A full port is a part on a boundary. You can now easily convert your parts into full ports by dragging them to the diagram frame. All ports, connectors, other information, including the layout will remain unchanged.
To create a proxy port, attach a connector to any part or diagram frame.
- A type assignment is now easier and faster by using a drop-down list, which appears when creating a new element or which can be opened from the element Smart Manipulator toolbar.
- The type list in SysML projects is now reduced to show only relevant types.
You can now select from the list of existing Ports or create a new one when drawing a Connector.
- You can now easily replace a Part type without losing data when Ports on the Part are created. Ports will be replaced with the new ones of a new type and Connectors will reconnect to them.
- You can create a Port or a nested Part on the Part even if the Part type is not specified. In this case, Cameo Systems Modeler will automatically create a type for the Part, on demand.
- You can now create a Composite Structure diagram for the Part directly from the Smart Manipulator toolbar and in this way easily model the inner structure of the type and deepen the level of your model.
- Connectors now display in the new Connectors group in the element Specification window. This new enhancement allows you to distinguish Connectors by their context.
- The legacy “unnamed1, unnamed2 …” naming schema is replaced by more useful default naming where Ports are named the following: “p1, p2 …”.
- By using the new button in the Smart Manipulator toolbar, you can now quickly create or change the type of the Part.
- The «AllocatedActivityPartition» stereotype is now applied on the partitions automatically when creating swimlanes.
- The Represent Properties dialog is a helping hand when creating swimlanes. When you create a swimlane from the Diagram pallet in the diagram of the particular classifier, the Represent Properties dialog appears. This dialog gives you all available properties related to that particular classifier.
- Create swimlanes and set representative elements quicker. Simply drag one or several elements (Property, Actor, Block, or Instance Specification) from the Containment tree to the diagram and all elements will be represented by swimlanes. The partitions will be created for each of those elements.
- You may also drag one or several elements to the existing swimlane. In that case, all elements will be represented by new partitions.
- If you want to make the particular preferences, drag elements using the right mouse button. The shortcut menu will appear, where you will be able to select available actions or specify the location for new rows or columns.
With this version, No Magic introduces a number of allocation enhancements.
- Allocation Mode is now available for the swimlanes:
- Definition mode allocates a behavior to the block. This mode is selected by default.
- Usage mode allocates an action to the part.
- Making changes in the model (changing types, moving elements among swimlanes, changing allocation mode, etc.) can impact allocations. In this version, all such changes are validated automatically. In the swimlanes, the actions that are not allocated or allocated incorrectly are highlighted and automatic solutions are suggested.
- All allocated behaviors are now listed in the Behaviors property group of the Block Specification window.
Cameo Systems Modeler introduces new Automatic Behavior Creation mode. When the mode is on, Behaviors are created automatically on Action creation. Furthermore, Parameters are created on Pin creation automatically. This helps to save time and to maintain consistency in your model.
No Magic introduces a new approach solving the issues related to SysML 1.3 dependencies.
Now the properties such as allocatedTo, allocatedFrom, and satisfiedBy are derived and represented without applying «RequirementRelated» and «Allocated» stereotypes. Therefore, the related model parts remain unmodified and independent (for example, the requirements model no longer depends on the design model and can be exported to independent module).
This approach is accepted by OMG and will be included in the SysML 1.4 standard.
The SysML "dot notation" for parts now is also available for the lifelines. Now you can send messages directly to the deeply nested parts.
Dozens of possible model changes may impact connector owner or ends. The automatic validation highlights all invalid connectors and suggests automatic solutions.
- For more generic new features and enhancements, visit MagicDraw 17.0.5 New and Noteworthy.
- To open the list of publicly available or your own systems modeling specific issues those have been included into version 17.0.5 FR, click here.
- To open the list of publicly available or your own other issues those have been included into version 17.0.5 FR, click here.
Note: You will be required to login. Use the same username and password as for www.nomagic.com.
You may find many more possible solutions for known issues at No Magic Community Forum that is regularly updated with new topics.