Release date: 4th March 2013
Cameo Enterprise Architecture 17.0.3 FR (Feature Release) Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update that includes various diagramming, modeling, merge, Teamwork Server integration, and Java related improvements.
With this service pack, NoMagic, Inc. resolves a major problem which is Cameo Enterprise Architecture 17.0.3 incompatibility with the latest updates of both Java 6 and 7. As a result, Cameo Enterprise Architecture 17.0.3 FR SP1 is now compatible with
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 41 and Java SE 7 Update 15 on both Windows and Linux operating systems as well as on both MAC OS X Lion and Mountain Lion operating systems
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 41 on both MAC OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard
Important! To avoid possible Java compatibility problems we strictly recommend running Cameo Enterprise Architecture with
- Oracle Java SE 7 Update 13 on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 41 on Mac OS X Lion and Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 26 on Mac OS X Leopard and Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Diagramming / Modeling
- Internal errors no longer occur while drawing an Object Flow relationship.
- Internal errors no longer occur when dragging an image from a diagram pane to a package.
- A Basic Flow now can be created in the Use Case Scenario Editor.
- The project no longer becomes corrupted after displaying the unloaded diagrams in the overview shape.
- The .xlsx report from the generic table is now generated successfully.
- Derived properties with a defined metachain expression can be created for the BPMN element.
- The derived property value is now shown in the Dependency Matrix and is represented as a dependency.
Java related issues
- Several Java related issues causing problems, such as Cameo Enterprise Architecture starting up, applying licenses, project loading, have been fixed.
- Generic table columns are no longer lost when a new project version appears on the server while committing the project.
- The Print Options dialog is no longer available when no project is opened.
- An error no longer appears when merging projects with conflicts between a model element and any diagrams depicting that element.