1.1. Automatic numbering
1.2. BPMN Process diagram for SubProcess
1.3. BPMN Description tables
1.4. BPMN Resources Usage Matrix
1.5. New Report templates
1.6. Business Analyst perspective
1.7. Event-specific information on BPMN event shapes
Starting with version 17.0.1, Cameo Business Modeler implements automatic numbering for business process model elements.
The automatic numbering allows you to:
- Automatically assign a unique number to an element.
- Update element numbering when elements are created, removed, moved, or your model is refactored.
- Easily identify and find an element in the model when communicating with colleagues or stakeholders.
- Show an element's place in a hierarchy.
You can now create a BPMN Process diagram inside a SubProcess.
A new button is now available on the Smart Manipulator toolbar of a SubProcess shape. Clicking the button creates an inner BPMN Process diagram for the SubProcess. This diagram displays inner elements of the SubProcess.
When an inner BPMN Process diagram is created for an expanded SubProcess via the Smart Manipulator toolbar, a diagram overview shape is added to the SubProcess shape. This allows you to preview the referenced diagram.
Note: You can create an inner BPMN Choreography diagram for a SubChoreography in the same way as an inner BPMN Process diagram is created for a SubProcess.
Starting with version 17.0.1, you can describe business process elements not only in BPMN graphical diagrams and element specification dialogs but in new BPMN Description tables also. There are three types of description tables available:
- BPMN Process Description Table allows you to provide textual descriptions for the BPMN Processes. You can add existing processes to the table, or you can create new processes using this table.
- BPMN Resource Role Description Table allows you to define Resource Roles that are used in your process description. There are four types of Resource roles defined in the BPMN 2.0 specification: Potential Owner, Human Performer, Performer, and Resource Role.
- BPMN Activities Description Table allows you to provide descriptions of the selected activities.
Note: To create the BPMN Activities Description Table, please perform the following steps:
- In the Model Browser, select a Process and open its shortcut menu.
- In the shortcut menu, click New Diagram > BPMN2 Diagrams > BPMN Activities Description Table.
A button for this diagram is not available in the main toolbar.
A sample of the BPMN Resource Role Description Table:
The new BPMN Resources Usage Matrix allows you to review and edit resource role assignments to SubProcesses, Tasks, and Call Activities.
Two new report templates are added to Cameo Business Modeler 17.0.1:
- The BPMN2 Diagrams Description report is a document type report. This report provides all diagram images. If elements in a diagram have descriptions (specified in the element Documentation property), all diagram elements documentation is displayed below each diagram image.
- The Business Processes Description report is a web based report. This report allows you to publish Business Process diagrams to HTML. A report provides BPMN Process diagram descriptions and shows Resource Roles and Resources used in these diagrams.
The new Business Analyst perspective provides a simplified user interface designed especially for business analysis.
You can now create your business process models in a quicker and more efficient way because:
- Only commonly used element buttons are displayed on diagram pallets. For example, only buttons for creating fundamental Tasks, SubProcesses, Events, and Gateways are available on the Process Diagram pallet.
- Advanced diagrams, such as BPMN Choreography diagram and most UML diagrams, are hidden in this perspective.
Note: Full featured BPMN diagrams are available in the Business Modeler perspective.
Event-specific information is now displayed on a BPMN event shape when the event name is unspecified:
- Message events display either the MessageRef property value or the OperationRef property value (in case both the event name and the MessageRef property value are unspecified).
- Conditional events display the Condition property value.
- Error events display either the ErrorRef property value or the ErrorCode property value (in case both the event name and the ErrorRef property value are unspecified).
- Escalation events display the Escalation Code property value.
- Signal events display the SignalRef property value.
- Time events display either the Time Cycle property value or the Time Date property value (in case both the event name and the Time Cycle property value are unspecified).
- Link Throw Intermediate events display the Target Link Event property value.
- Link Catch Intermediate events display the Sources property value.
Many drawing and shape layout problems in BPMN diagrams have been fixed in the new release of the Cameo Business Modeler plugin.
You can now create:
- A Call Activity by dragging a BPMN Process shape to either a BPMN Process or a BPMN Collaboration diagram.
- A Call Choreography Activity by dragging a Choreography shape to either a BPMN Choreography or a BPMN Collaboration diagram.
Cameo Business Modeler Plugin 17.0.1 SP1 New and Noteworthy
Issues fixed in the Cameo Business Modeler Plugin 17.0.1 Service Pack 1 release are as follows:
- For the projects created with version 17.0 or earlier, the following issues have been fixed:
- Arrows connected to Intermediate Events do not overlap with event shapes.
- The keyword id= is not displayed on activity shapes.
- The Data Object state does not overlap with Data Object name.
- The BPMN Process symbol is now created when dragging a BPMN Process to a Class diagram.
- The Call Activity is created after a BPMN Process is dropped to a BPMN Process or Collaboration diagram.
- The Call Choreography is created when after a Choreography is dropped to a BPMN Collaboration or Choreography diagram.
- A custom icon can be displayed on a Task, SubProcess, and Call Activity shape now.
- The Business Process Description report includes all processes from the selected scope.
- The active validation is operating without enabling Merge Plugin.
- All input values are saved when entering multiple values for string properties.
- The problem of project migration from BPMN 1.x to BPMN 2.0 is solved.
Cameo Business Modeler Plugin 17.0.1 SP2 New and Noteworthy
Issues fixed in the Cameo Business Modeler Plugin 17.0.1 Service Pack 2 release are as follows:
- Business Process Description Report now includes diagrams owned by SubProcesses.
- The size of a collapsed SubProcess no longer changes when a new diagram is created inside the SubProcess.
- The Event symbol does not change its size and is correctly displayed after moving it.
- Names of the Task, Subprocess, and Call Activity on shapes are always centered.
- Operations can now be created in the BPMN Interface without any exceptions.
- The project conversion issue that did not allow converting some projects from BPMN 1.x to BPMN 2.0 has been fixed.
- Packages selected by users can be successfully saved in the Resource Usage Matrix after a project is reopened.