Release date: 25th February 2013
Cameo Business Modeler 17.0.2 LTR (Long-Term Release) Service Pack 3 (SP3) is an important update that includes various stability, reliability, and usability improvements for the tool, since more than 200 issues have been fixed in overall including
- More than 30 issues that have been fixed in saving, loading, and importing of local projects and modules.
- About 40 issues that have been fixed in Teamwork Server integration.
- About 20 issues that have been fixed in merge.
- About 30 issues that have been fixed in diagramming.
- About 10 issues that have been fixed in the Cameo Business Modeler GUI.
With this service pack, NoMagic, Inc. resolves a major problem which is Cameo Business Modeler 17.0.2 incompatibility with the latest updates of both Java 6 and 7. As a result Cameo Business Modeler 17.0.2 LTR SP3 is compatible with
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 41 and Java SE 7 Update 15 on both Windows and Linux operating systems as well as on both MAC OS X Lion and Mountain Lion operating systems
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 41 on both MAC OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard
Important! To avoid possible Java compatibility problems we strictly recommend running Cameo Business Modeler with
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 39 on both Windows and Linux operating systems as well as on both Mac OS X Leopard and Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- Oracle Java SE 6 Update 37 on both Mac OS X Lion and Mac OS X Mountain Lion
You can check the list of publicly available or your own issues that have been included into Cameo Business Modeler version 17.0.2 LTR SP3 here.
Note: You will be requested to login. Use the same login name and password as for www.nomagic.com.
Cameo Business Modeler projects import from BPMN 1.x to BPMN 2.0
- The issue that caused the pool to not retain its size in some cases after importing a project to BPMN 2.0 has been fixed.
- The Boundary Event property AttachedTo value is now calculated while importing BPMN1.x project to BPMN 2.0.
- The issue which prevented the import of some BPMN 1.x projects to BPMN 2.0 in several cases has been fixed.
Export to BPMN2 XML
- Projects that are created from non-BPMN2 Project templates can now be exported to BPMN2 XML files.
Import from XPDL files
- The issues preventing the import of some XPDL files into Cameo Business Modeler have been fixed.
Activity Diagram Transformation to BPMN Process Diagram
- The transformation capabilities of the Activity diagram have been expanded. Now not only UML Activity diagrams, but also customized Activity diagrams can be transformed into BPMN Process diagrams.
Saving, loading, and importing of local projects and modules
- A particular version of a module is now used instead of the latest one after re-sharing the module in a project.
- A phenomenon wherein the inner package dependencies may be reported while trying to export this package to an external module has been fixed.
- An error message is now displayed if elements are not successfully loaded.
- Content of a non-loaded diagram is no longer lost after the undo of the diagram removal.
- All missing modules are now displayed in the Model Browser.
- If the user types a non-existing location for saving in his project, an internal error no longer occurs and the missing location is automatically created on the hard disk.
- A misleading message claiming that some modules were not found even though they actually were no longer appears.
- Consumption of disk space no longer increases when performing multiple project and module load/save operations.
- Saving a project before importing it to another project no longer fails.
Teamwork Server integration
- There is no longer any need to reload the main project so that a new shared package from an already used module would appear in it. It is now enough to reload the module.
- Non-locked diagrams are no longer removed from a model if a connection error occurs while updating a project.
- Unshared packages remain non-shared after committing a project.
- A package that is locked by another user can no longer be shared.
- Model inconsistency problems no longer occur on opening a locally saved project when the user is logged on Teamwork Server.
- Module mounting options are now updated without reloading the whole project. There is no need to reload the main project.
- Internal error no longer appears in some specific cases of project autosave.
- The user now gets informed about a missing module when reloading a project, if the project references a module that has been removed from Teamwork Server. The dialog asking to select a substitute for the missing module now appears in that case.
- Internal errors no longer occur on adding a project to Teamwork Server when the server has been stopped.
- Project version branches in the Select branch dialog are now sorted in alphabetical order.
- Generic table columns are no longer lost when a new project version appears on the server while committing the project.
- An unhandled error no longer appears on opening an element's shortcut menu in a server project after the server has been stopped.
- Memory leaks no longer occur after repeated merging on MAC OS X.
- Neither the last modification date of a diagram nor the user name is now updated after the merge if the diagram has not been changed.
- Differences are no longer detected in the event that all projects use the same module version.
- Internal errors no longer appear when trying to merge a locally saved project.
- Differences between multiline textual values are now detected and marked.
- Differences between property values are now detected even after changing the property display mode.
- Internal errors no longer appear if all changes are rejected.
- Differences between tagged values after applying multiple stereotypes are now detected correctly.
- An empty line is no longer added to Text Annotations (HTML) after text is edited.
- Dropping a Participant to an inner SubProcess diagram now creates a Pool.
- An activity with a boundary event can now be dropped from the Containment tree to BPMN diagrams.
- BPMN tables can now be opened when Cameo Business Modeler is started with languages other than English.
- Model inconsistency errors no longer appear after deleting a package.
- DSL elements with hidden UML metatypes are not displayed on a dependency matrix when you select to display only UML elements.
- An internal error no longer appears when trying to extract the structure of a large model.
Common GUI problems
- It now takes much less time to expand all the elements in the element Selection dialog with all model elements listed, when adding a hyperlink to a model element.
- The Cameo Business Modeler UI will now display extended information about certain out of memory occurrences rather than requiring the user to search through the md.log file to find it.
- The Properties panel of an element remains editable after repeated renaming of the element.
- The pointer no longer becomes a after switching between dependency matrixes.